Want more information? Reach out to Orthopedic Care Coordinator Helena Griffith at
Meet the Orthopedic Center Care Team
Schedule a consultation
Our guidebooks for total hip and total knee replacement, along with other brochures related to the program, are available for free download in PDF file format. Please click any of the titles below to begin downloading the PDF file.
Available guidebooks and brochures:
Princeton Community Hospital Brings Advanced Program in Joint Replacement Surgery to Southern West Virginia.
The Orthopedic Center’s advanced program in joint replacement is a personal program designed to decrease your pain and speed recovery following joint replacement surgery. Most patients can expect to walk at least 100 feet a few hours after surgery, and go home faster than the national average (usually one or two days after surgery). Your doctor will discuss your individual goals and expectations in preparation for the surgery. Your role, and that of your family and friends are critical in helping get you back on your feet quickly. You will go into surgery well informed – knowing everything you need to know to prepare for surgery, what to expect during your hospital stay, and what to do once you go home.
What you can expect from the program:
- Pain and nausea management is comprehensive. It starts before surgery and continues until you are walking. Most patients are able use less narcotics, have lower pain scores, and experience less nausea.
- You are UP and WALKING within hours after surgery. You will work with physical therapy one-on-one. The morning after surgery, you will be up, dressed in comfortable clothing, and in the gym for group exercise, in addition to your one-on-one physical therapy.
- Your personal guidebook has all of your appointments, exercises, pre-hospital preparation, hospital stay information, and instructions on what to do when you come home.
- Your Seminar: You and your family will meet the staff and other patients to prepare for your surgery. Bring your guidebook, as the staff will review the high points and answer questions.
- Your personal online coach provides personal reminders and an online place to prepare for surgery and track your progress.
- Your private room is located on a unit dedicated to hip and knee replacement patients, with everything you need for fast recovery; joint rehab gym, specially trained staff and a certified orthopedic nurse director that oversees every aspect of your care.
- Your nurses and staff take pride in providing personal attention, knowing you as an individual, and encouraging you to help achieve your personal success.
- Your medical preparation is key to the safety of your surgery. Diabetes, heart, lung, and other conditions may increase the risk of surgery. Our medical team will work with your personal doctors to assess and optimize your medical condition to get you ready for surgery.
- Your in hospital treatment follows a national best practices protocol to minimize complications including infection, DVT/PE blood clots, blood transfusion, and other factors related to your individual medical history.
- Your return home: Our planning continues when you leave the hospital to insure a safe return home and to the care of your family doctor. Our job is only done when you achieve your goals!
If you are currently experiencing severe hip or knee pain and want to live a better quality of life by having joint replacement surgery, please contact The Orthopedic Center at 304.487.7896.
Thanks so much for your interest in The Orthopedic Center at Princeton Community Hospital. We look forward to meeting your healthcare needs.